2011 Leadership Greater Valley graduates. Click here for more on their year.
2012 class starts in September - Click here for an application with the full schedule
Leadership Greater Valley is an innovative leadership program presented through the combined efforts of Valley United Way, the Valley Council for Health & Human Services and the Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce. The program was first started in 1996 through the efforts of United Way and the Council and received a major boost in 2001 when the Chamber became a partner.
What is it about?
Leadership Greater Valley (LGV) combines leadership skill building with community education. During the nine-week program, participants get a bird’s-eye view of the issues facing the community, begin developing the leadership skills necessary to assume leadership roles and are exposed to involvement opportunities in the community. The class is limited to 15 selected individuals – those who will have the personal opportunity to learn from the leaders of many local organizations and associations. Leadership Greater Valley is unlike other programs because it provides a catalyst for community vision and change – it builds a better tomorrow for all of us.
What does it offer your company?
Many employers derive multiple benefits from their investment in Leadership Greater Valley. Often the involvement of their employees in LGV paves the way for future cooperative efforts. The valuable training benefits employers in many ways. Leadership Greater Valley:
· Grooms leaders that contribute to their organizations.
· Provides professional networking opportunities.
· Helps employees develop greater personal vision.
· Offers exposure for companies.
· Reinforces skills and imparts knowledge to participants.
· Improves employees’ vision for “big picture” thinking.
· Provides a package of cost-effective, efficient training.
· Provides a return on investment.
· Enhances problem-solving skills.
What does it offer the individual?
Many graduates find that this training taps something in them that they didn’t know was there. Today, they are contributing to vital areas of the community including political roles, business, arts, social services and community civic organizations. Participants will gain from Leadership Greater Valley:
· A far greater understanding and perspective of the community.
· Improved leadership skills.
· Improved decision-making skills.
· A new network of professionals.
· Enhanced confidence.
· Unparalleled learning opportunities.
· A passion to improve our community.
· Instills community trusteeship understanding.
Leadership Alumni Formed - Click here
First meeting of Alumni group
From the archives: