New CVC Co-Chairs
Lynn Kieley of
Newtown Savings Bank, Katie Scinto of R.D. Scinto,
We asked the new CVC Co-Chairs to tell us a little bit about themselves.
· Your name and title- Lynn Kieley AVP/Branch Manager Newtown Savings Bank White Hills office
Why did you want to get involved with the CVC: My first involvement with Valley United Way was approximately 7 years ago attending a Back to School Program in Ansonia and I was just so overwhelmed with the children and how happy they looked when they received there clothing.
What are your goals for the CVC: My goal is to focus on our hallmark events and just to help make them bigger and better, especially our Back to School program due to the overwhelming need with the valley children.
Accomplishments- I think just being a part of all the events over the last 5 years. I was in awe when I participated in Harvest House II for the first time and being able to see first hand how all the corporations and the valley community comes together to help support all the non profit agencies in the valley.
· Your name and title- Katie Scinto VP of marketing and leasing for R.D. Scinto
· Why did you want to get involved with the CVC: I joined CVC in 2011
· What are your goals for the CVC: To bring awareness to Corporations on how to get involved in the community and make a difference
· Accomplishments 40 under 40 for the Fairfield County Businesses Journal, various fundraising for R.D. Scinto
· Katie Scinto has worked for her father for over 10 years. She received her Real Estate License and started working residential projects for the company. In 2008 The Renaissance was completed. The building has 126 apartments and 42 condos. She loves getting to know the residents at the Renaissance as much as new tenants that are moving into corporate space. Her favorite tenant is her husband and lucky for her works at Prudential, 10 floors above her office on One Corporate Drive!
Your name and title- Kristen Urso-Rio, Senior Accounting Leader at GE Corporate
· Why did you want to get involved with the CVC: Is there a better feeling than giving and serving? To me, no…when we help those around us, we receive so much more in return.
· What are your goals for the CVC:
Accomplishments- Co-chair of the GE Shelton Corporate Volunteer Council, Co-chair of the United Way Fund Raising Campaigns for the Shelton GE location. Involved with numerous volunteer activities through the GE Womens Network and the GE volunteer days. My best accomplishment being a new member of the Valley United Way Board of Directors.
For more information on the Corporate Volunteer Council and all volunteer opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Action Center at 926-9478. The Center can also be reached by E-Mail by clicking here.
Revised: October 01, 2013.